Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fly Fishing Film Tour

Well last year while living in the Bay Area I took a road trip south to Santa Cruz to check out the 2009 Fly Fishing Film Tour. It was pretty cool.

So now that I have relocated to better fishing waters again I am partaking on a little road trip west to The Dalles, OR to check out this years tour. This year though close friends are also going to check this out.

This new craze of films featuring fly fishing seem to have caught on. I myself once in a while find myself either on youtube or the actual tour site checking out the latest in films. This new culture of younger fly fishers sort of a love hate situation for me, because I am somewhat of homebody when it comes to fishing sometimes I grow tired of seeing exotic fishing locations, yet on the other hand often I find myself suffering from severe wanderlust.

This new trend in me started last year at this very event in Santa Cruz with the Eastern Rises film. I have to tell you I would give my left arm to visit Russia for some truly wilderness fishing.

Alas, I know that this is not really going to happen anytime soon so in the meantime, I will continue to enjoy all the diverse fishing that is available to me at this time.

New to me this season starting March 1 is going to be learning an entirely different type of fishing. No I am not going to get into Bass or Carp, but I am going to dive head first into still water. This seems more daunting then streams ever seemed. So wish me luck and look for future post regarding the lakes situation here in Eastern Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment