Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Methow Fishing Trip

This coming weekend I will get a chance to explore a brand new area, at least to me, I will be trying my luck in the Methow River Valley in North Central Washington not from from the middle of nowhere.

The river is open again after being closed for many years to protect native steelhead populations. Now thanks to many efforts on the part of many interested parties the river is a great place to cast a fly.

Not only do you have the chance to catch a very special steelhead, but you can also catch a native Bull Trout or some very nice Cutt's.

This weekend the target is the steelies. I love fishing for these fish. When you catch one it seems so special. What makes it special is that the fish not only swims up the river to spawn, but it also has to make it out to the ocean. When there it has to compete with all types of mean critters. Do not get me wrong I will not complain if another one of the rivers species happens to like my offering.

The time will come when I will get up some photo's of this great river. Feel free to look up some web spots on the valley. Oh ya, check out the video at http://www.redsflyshop.com/methowsteelhead.html

Tighlines

No comments:

Post a Comment