Thursday, June 25, 2009

1st Post

This has been a long time coming. I have considered this for a while now and finally I took the plunge. I guess what pushed me over the edge finally was arriving in Montana to guide for the summer only to say goodbye to some dear friends who moved for a new job. Something that I had to do not three years ago.

What was my connection back to the valley and the happens around here is gone, now the roles are reversed and at least during the summer months I can now be the connection back to the valley.

I have had two trips in consecutive days:

Tuesday I nice half day float with family from Park City. From Hannon to Wally the river was beautiful and running real fast. We did do some fishing, but it was difficult. Took out at Lone Pine and continued the float with the family (Mrs. flycaster & willowcaster) the rest of the way to Wally. Lot's of water, bugs, and sun but few fish.

Wednesday another really nice day, but this time on the West Fork. Salmon flies were thick. A lot of fish up, but not many caught. Oh well. We floated from the dam to Appleberry. I think it will continue to fish well for a few more day. Man the boat hatch was even more impressive however.

No comments:

Post a Comment